Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District was formed in 1946 to meet the expectations of the community to guard against the threat of fire in the wildland-urban interface. The challenge of meeting those expectations is dynamic which asks us to be more innovative to respond through a professionally, highly-trained, well-equipped organization in those expected services with concern for the well being of our personnel.
TDFPD’s mission is to respond to, prepare for, and prevent emergency situations with care, professionalism, and respect.
TDFPD will be measured as an industry leader by continued refinement and planning to improve our services and provide for unforeseen risks.
TDFPD will use CPR as its guiding values, and these values will determine appropriate action.
- Take CARE, do the right thing, and be fiscally responsible.
- Show PROFESSIONALISM through integrity, engagement, cooperation, duty, and commitment.
- RESPECT our community, the environment, our coworkers, and others.
The following information helps illustrate the size and scope of services provided to the District.
NUMBER OF HOUSEHOLDS Served - 4998
- 4764 Single Family Households
- 234 Multi-family Units (excludes timeshares)