Lake Tahoe Wildfire Awareness
Month - July 2020
This month, we encourage residents and visitors to prepare your family, property, and possessions now before a wildfire starts by creating a plan.
Some ways to plan include:
- Develop a family evacuation plan.
- Assemble a "Go-bag" and a disaster supply kit for your home and vehicle.
- Create and maintain defensible space around your homes.
- Sign up for emergency notifications for residents and visitors and stay informed.
- Reduce the threat of wildfire by learning about embers and how to harden your home. Attend the free virtual Tahoe Home Retrofit Workshop detailed below.
July 28, 2020 | Zoom Tahoe Home Retrofit Workshop
- Pre-register for the workshop: bit.ly/TahoeRetrofit
- This workshop is free to the public, but attendees must pre-register.
To learn more about how to prepare for wildfire, visit tahoelivingwithfire.com.